Zenmap is a cross-platform GUI (Graphical User Interface) for Nmap. This open-source tool is designed to make Nmap easy for beginners to use while providing advanced features for experienced Nmap users.
The purpose of Zenmap is not to replace Nmap, but to make Nmap more useful.
Here are some of the advantages Zenmap offers:
- Interactivity & intuitiveness – easy to use & simple graphical interface
- Repeatability – Using scan profiles is very easy to repeat scan with exact same settings
- Readability – It’s possible to see scanned hosts in Topology
LIFARS has released a new open-source tool for incident response (IR) triage. This tool, named Voltaire, is unlike anything else in the open-source community.
As Zenmap is no longer being maintained upstream, (it has been removed with the release of Kali Linux 2019.4), LIFARS has created this guide for the installation of Zenmap using the console on Kali Linux.
- Download zenmap -> Optional Zenmap GUI (all platforms) from https://nmap.org/download.html
2. Convert .rpm file using Alien to a .deb file:
apt install alien
3. Installation using dpkg
dpkg -i zenmap_7.80-2_all.deb
Congratulations, Zenmap is now installed!
- Missing SPARTA in latest Kali Linux 2020.1? Try LEGION!
- Virus Checker – External network & internal network penetration test device configuration review.
- Outlook Web Application (OWA) and Office 365 (O365) Hacking
- Penetration Testing Identify Weak Points Before Getting Hacked
- 7 Steps to Take When Investing in Pen Testing Services
- Penetration Testing Whitepaper
- Python Penetration Testing Cheat Sheet
LIFARS Penetration Testing Team Has Over 15 years of experience
Contact LIFARS Today to Learn More and to take advantage of these services