With the passing of 2019, the second decade of the 21st century has also ended. Looking back at the past ten years, our lives have undergone earth-shaking changes with the advancement of technology. Among them, the mobile phone is one of the most intuitive performances. In the past ten years, our mobile phones have been constantly updated. From the perspective of brands, our mobile phones have changed from Motorola, Nokia, Siemens, Blackberry, etc. to Apple, Samsung, Huawei, etc. From the perspective of the mobile phone’s operating system, we have already said goodbye to Saipan and BlackBerry, and now we have Android, iOS and Windows Phone.
However, with the development of mobile phones, mobile phone viruses have developed from the initial “SMS bombing” to a variety of weapons of fraud crimes, stealing intelligence, and political attacks. It is true that our science and technology are constantly improving, but there will always be dark places under the sun. Looking back on 2019, there are too many things happening in mobile security, such as data leaks, virus Trojans, security vulnerabilities, and APT attacks. Whether it is related to the personal privacy information of our people or the security construction of the country, we should absolutely realize the importance of mobile security.
- Top 1 Mobile Security Threat is Data leakage: Companies have a nearly 28% chance of experiencing at least one incident in the next two years, based on Ponemon’s latest research.
- Top 2 Mobile Security Threat is Social engineering: Phishing, specifically, grew by 65% over the course of 2017, and mobile users are at the greatest risk of falling for it.
- Top 3 Mobile Security Threat is Wi-Fi interference: Nearly 25% of devices have connected to open and insecure Wi-Fi. In addition, 4% of devices encountered a man-in-the-middle attack.
- Top 4 Mobile Security Threat is Out-of-date devices: 82% of IT professionals predicted that unsecured IoT devices would cause a data breach within their organization.
- Top 5 Mobile Security Threat is Cryptojacking attacks: The number of mobile devices affected by Mobile-specific cryptojacking attacks surges 287% between October and November of 2017.
- Top 6 Mobile Security Threat is Poor password hygiene: Weak or stolen passwords were to blame for more than 80% of hacking-related breaches in businesses.
- Top 7 Mobile Security Threat is Physical device breaches: In 2019 mobile threat analysis, 43% of companies had at least one smartphone in their roster without any lock screen security.
- Top 8 Mobile Security Threat is Mobile ad fraud: Professionals estimates that mobile ad fraud would cause a $100 billion loss per year by 2023.
It may sound like a diagnosis from the robot urologist, but data leakage is widely seen as being one of the most worrisome threats to enterprise security in 2019. Remember those almost nonexistent odds of being infected with malware? Well, when it comes to a data breach, companies have a nearly 28% chance of experiencing at least one incident in the next two years, based on Ponemon’s latest research — odds of more than one in four, in other words.
LIFARS Gap Assessment Solution is designed to ascertain your comprehensive information security, risk and compliance status (current). Not only we determine your current state along with your risk appetite and tolerance, but we also provide you with an actionable roadmap to reach target maturity level including strategy, structure, governance, and operations management plan. Leveraging our extensive knowledge and experience, our competent Assessors and Project Managers focus on the following to deliver optimal services for you:
- Identify key business processes and associated information flow to ensure adequate threat modeling.
- Identify and engage key stakeholders to ensure adequate information discovery.
- Adhere to industry best practices and standards such as ISO, NIST, COBIT, and CIS.
- Provide Assessment Workbook prior to onsite and remote observations and interviews to maximize productivity.
- Optimally engage stakeholders for interviews and observations to minimize time impact.
- Provide Roadmap, Strategy and Operations Management plan aligned with your risk appetite and tolerance.
- Present findings to key stakeholders including executives to influence cultural changes.
Contact LIFARS Immediately For
Mitigating Cyber Risks in Your Organization